11.18.2005

The truth of the matter is...

Jesus Christ had dreads, so shake em
I ain't got none, but I'm plannin on growing some
Imagine all the Hebrews going dumb
Dancin on top of chariots and turnin tight ones
.........
I'm from the Bay where we hyphy and go dumb,
From the soil where the rappers get their lingo from

-E-Feasible


I know I ain't from the Bay and all, but I'm always about giving proper acknowledgement to the innovators. And aside from that, that new Forty Water track slaps... And now the origins of "going dumb" might become contested.

Check this piece on the Furl and y'all gotta know by know, Thizz ain't a label, Thizz is a movement

Ludacris is gettin all political and shit... See what happens when you anger pretty complacent rappers, Bill?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What song are those lyrics from??? I've been tryin' to find out! Drop me a line JBW@berkeley.edu

December 27, 2005 7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home