12.21.2006

TIS THE SEASON....

What my friends and family will be recieving in their stockings this year

... for the oversaturation of year end wrap up lists. With further perpetuation from F.O.B.B.

But first off, mad props to Krish for doing big things. I'm sure you kept it treal and showed those square-ass square-bears at Rolling Stone that you weren't going to take shit from a bunch of hegemonic white liberals that are out of touch with what music really is. I think this deserves a "T.B.I.B."

So now, to showcase some egotistical shit, thinking that people actually give a fuck about what music made it to my short list this year, allow me to present my albums and songs of the year.

Since I'm too lazy to create a brief synopsis for why I chose each album or song (though I will say that Lily Allen got plus points for showing love to hyphy shit), let me say that each selection obtained repeat status on my stereo and they also left an imprint for me in a year that a great deal of shit wasn't able to do. We can toss out that half-assed halftime report I had, because I think I just made the post to have something to blog about on that particular day at work. The selections aren't ranked either, as I think its a waste of fuckin' time to try to figure out whether or not an album should be in spot 7, 8, or 9.

10 Albums of '06 [1]:

Lily Allen - Alright, Still
Clipse - Hell Hath No Fury
The Coup - Pick a Bigger Weapon
Ghostface Killah - Fishscale
J Dilla - Donuts
The Roots - Game Theory
San Quinn - The Rock
Shinsight Trio - Shallow Night Blurry Moons
Snoop Dogg - Blue Carpet Treatment
Thom Yorke - Eraser

10 Songs of '06:

Cham - Ghetto Story
J Dilla feat. Common & D'Angelo - So Far to Go
Lil Wayne & Robin Thicke - Shooter
Nas & Jay Z - Black Republicans
Oh No feat. Dudley Perkins & Georgia Anne Muldrow - T. Biggums
Project Pat - Raised in the Projects
Ray Cash - Bumpin My Music
San Quinn - Hell Yeah
Traxxamillion feat. Too Short & Mistah FAB - Sideshow
Amy Winehouse - I'm No Good

There ya go, fuck giving an explanation as to why I chose these, I already spent too much time trying to narrow down the lists to ten selections. But one more album needs to be recognized for having the best album title of the year maybe even of all time:


[1] If you're asking yourself, "Only one Bay selection!?" It just goes to show how the area had their good share of songs, but failed tremendously in releasing cohesive albums. Also, attention all Bay rappers: stop leaking your shit and releasing 20 million singles before coming out with an album (Mistah FAB should pay close attention), by the time the album comes out, I will likely become very hesitant to purchase it.

-------------------------------------------------------------

For those of you that actually frequent this blog or actually care, shit will be changing in '07. I mentioned it in this post, but a new layout and domain looks like it really coming into fruition, along with another contributing writer.

Be on the look out for fobbdeep.com (or whatever domain we get).

I'll be out 'til the next year.

Merry Chrismakwaannakuh!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the end of the year hit-list. I don't think I've mentioned how much I enjoy reading your blog, so props where props be due. Back to the bay in Feb?! We need to talk shop, boyee!! Two thumbs and half a pinky up for including Amy Winehouse on the list. I came across her music a little while back and I must say it is quite plush. Smart move, Pretty Toney for the feature on the album.

Merry Christmas, mang.

~abe c.

p.s. Robin Thicke & Lil Wayne? Thicke wrote that like a million years ago haha.

December 21, 2006 1:35 PM  
Blogger ninoybrown said...

Whatup Abe? Thanks for the support. I'm actually moving back up to Turlock this weekend, and once I get something secured, I'll be in the Bay.

Glad you enjoyed the list. As for "Shooter," I'm pretty sure the single release of the collaboration was 2006 (someone correct me if I'm wrong cause I have a bunch of other songs on my mind that I was about to include but couldnt because of room). Though I was about to just not consider it due to the fact that the video damn near destroyed the song.

December 21, 2006 2:17 PM  
Blogger Mike T said...

Haha.....
"But one more album needs to be recognized for having the best album title of the year maybe even of all time"

I was going to post that almost exactly word for word yesterday....beat to the punch again.

December 21, 2006 9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the props, Ninoy. I'm going to make a ghetto spin-off called "I'm From the Hood (Bitch)"

That'll explain why I don't know who the fuck Jann Wenner is.

Stay tuned and keep hitting us with that good shit!

See you on Friday.

-Krishtine de Leon

January 08, 2007 11:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

nike trainers, baseball bats, valentino shoes, vans shoes, north face outlet, celine handbags, louboutin, oakley, asics running shoes, wedding dresses, babyliss pro, abercrombie, giuseppe zanotti, hollister, timberland boots, new balance shoes, vans, air max, mcm handbags, lululemon outlet, air max, jimmy choo outlet, instyler, reebok outlet, gucci, p90x, bottega veneta, soccer jerseys, birkin bag, north face jackets, nfl jerseys, ghd, insanity workout, nike roshe run, ray ban, mont blanc, converse shoes, abercrombie and fitch, soccer shoes, converse, nike huaraches, iphone cases, herve leger, mac cosmetics, beats by dre, longchamp, chi flat iron, hollister clothing store, ralph lauren, ferragamo shoes, burberry outlet, air max

October 20, 2015 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home