8.10.2005

Big Brother's younger male sibling

The moment my ears were exposed to "The Listening," I became an instant fan of the trio from North Cackalack (sp?). The "throwback" early 90's style that Little Brother reminded me of was the primary draw as the laid back feel just made my head bob like it hadn't in a minute. Of course many point to producer 9th Wonder as the main star of the group, but I think Phonte and Big Pooh often go overlooked. The two emcees might not be spittin that hot fiyah, of Dylan calibar, or be lyrically lyrical on the m.i.c., but they definitely are not to be ignored. Phonte came correct last year, with his collaboration with Nicolay, on Foreign Exchange's "Connected (an album that easily goes on my short list for 2004), though I have to say that I have been sleeping on picking up Big Pooh's "Sleepers." From what I've heard from the Chittlin Circuit mixtapes that LB's been putting out, it just makes me more eager to hear the new album, "The Minstrel Show," which they say is a comment on how they percieve a lot of today's rap music to be a modern day minstrel show. We all have to wait until September 13th to hear the album, but the new single, can be heard here: "Lovin' It"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha dude you have a blog. Anyways, I kinda think Little Brother should change the name of the album......... they are not seriously sticking with that name are they!?

August 10, 2005 9:46 PM  
Blogger ninoybrown said...

links should be workin now.

August 10, 2005 10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home