8.19.2005

registering early for a liberal society

Some say the darker the berry and the sweeter the juice, but according to a study conducted by The Bay Area Center for Voting Research, the darker the constituency, the more progressive the roots. The study found close correlation between a large African-American population in a city and its tendency to have a more liberal political ideology, as opposed to more conservative cities to being more homogenously white. Turlock isn't on the list, but I have a pretty good estimation where it would land if it were. (courtesy of Poplicks)

Also on Poplicks, O-Dub breaks down the tracklisting on Kanye's "Late Registration," which was recently leaked. I happened upon a leaked copy of the album, which I do plan on buying. I just finished giving it a listen and will be happy say that my expectations for it were made. A few highlights: Just Blaze, who graces the new issue of Scratch, brought the heat, providing the only track not produced by Kanye on "Touch the Sky." I'm not a particularly huge fan of Paul Wall's songs, but I think I have been growing more of an appreciation of him as a rapper; he does well complimenting the slumpishness of "Drive Slow." Other tracks to put on repeat: "Hey Mama," "We Major," and "Gone."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home