8.31.2005

The wrath of Trina


First off, my heart and prayers go out to all those that have been affected by Hurricane Katrina. Not that I suggest everybody to start looting, but from my understanding, New Orleans isn't the wealthiest city around. So, I'm assuming that most of the people that are still left behind in the city aren't that affluent. These people have lost everything, and in a way they're basically doing what they need to survive. Of course I've seen the pictures of people lugging beer and other unncessary items during a time when surviving should be of the most importance, and acts like that just shows the priorities that some have. But, by labeling all of the actions as acts of looting, it greatly overlooks the circumstances and conditions in which many of these people have been placed.

I know "looting" is all bad and everything, but why focus on that when people are dying. The police forces are already spread thin as it is, and I'd rather have them saving people's lives than trying to make sure people dont take toilet paper at the local wal mart. I'm not condoning the fact that people are jacking dvd players, even though they are getting it from wal mart, but seriously, people have lost their homes, lives, and memories. The actions of some opportunistic people is trivial compared to the hardships that a great majority of the people affected by the hurricane are going through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home